Mental Health First Aid Courses Running Across Canada
Across the country communities are preparing to host Mental Health First Aid trainings through the first round of the Community Fund. These trainings were made possible through the support of Farm Credit Canada, and made actionable through the leadership found in agriculture communities throughout Canada.
Just as physical first aid is administered to an injured person before medical treatment can be obtained, MHFA is given until appropriate treatment is found or until the crisis is resolved.
The program teaches participants how to:
• Recognize the signs and symptoms of mental health problems.
• Provide initial help.
• Guide a person towards appropriate professional help.
MHFA aims to:
• Preserve life where a person may be a danger to themselves or others.
• Provide help to prevent the mental health problem from developing into a more serious state.
• Promote the recovery of good mental health.
• Provide comfort to a person experiencing a mental health problem.
If you are interested in one of the following trainings, please contact us at email@example.com and we will get you in touch with the organizer!
Lake Lenore, SK February 28/29 (FULL)
Unity, SK February 23/24 (FULL)
Lloyminster, AB March 7/8
Fairview, AB March 19/20 (FULL)
Valleyview, AB March 6/7
Strathmore, AB February 25/26 (FULL)
Breton, AB February 24/26
Grandview, MB February March 4/5
Embro, ON March 25/26
Colborne, ON March 7/8
Listowel, ON April 16/17
Kinkora, PEI March 14/15
If your community was not listed above, please visit www.mhfa.ca for a list of courses running in your area!